Sponsoring a friend to Tres Dias is one of the greatest gifts you can give those you love. Sponsorship is vital to Tres Dias. We would have no one to host weekends for if no one sponsored candidates.
Anyone who has attended Tres Dias or a fourth day movement, e.g., Walk to Emmaus or Cursillo, can sponsor candidates. However, sponsorship is a serious responsibility and should not be taken lightly.
Pray. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal who He wants you to invite to Tres Dias.
- Look for Christians who desire a closer relationship with Christ.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- If the candidates are married, both spouses must agree to attend the weekend. The husband must attend the weekend prior to the wife.
- Tell them the cost of the weekend is $145, which is payable by cash, money order, or debit/credit card when they arrive at the camp. There is a $5 processing fee for debit and credit cards.
- Share the dates for upcoming weekends with them.
- Answer their questions openly and honestly. There is nothing to hide.
- Encourage them to submit an application even if they can't attend the next weekend. Candidates are called on a first come, first served basis. The sooner they submit their application, the higher their names will appear on the calling list.
- The Pre-Weekend Couple will contact you when an opening becomes available for your candidate. Be sure to return their calls or text messages immediately.
- Make sure your candidate calls the Pre-Weekend Couple immediately to confirm their seat on the weekend.
- Carefully read and follow all instructions in the sponsorship letter you receive from the Pre-Weekend Couple.
- Transport your candidates to and from the campground.
- Support your candidate's family as needed while the candidate is on the weekend.
- Take your candidate to the Victory Secuela to connect them with the community. The secuela is usually one to two weeks after the women’s weekend.
- After the weekend, assist your candidate in finding or forming a reunion group to continue the principles they learned on the weekend.
Submitting the Application
- Complete the online application with your candidate(s).
The candidate completes the candidate information. If the candidates are married, the must indicate that both agree to attend Tres Dias.
- The sponsor completes the sponsor information. Sponsors must indicate they commit to fulfill all sponsorship responsibilities.
- The sponsor pays the $11 online sponsorship fee ($10 application fee + $1 transaction fee) per candidate ($11 for single candidates, $22 for married candidates).
Download and print the paper application.
- The candidate(s) and the sponsor must sign and date the application. If the candidates are married, both spouses must sign the application.
- The sponsor pays a $ 10.00 sponsorship fee for each candidate ($ 10.00 for single candidates, $20.00 for a married couple). Make the check or money order payable to Tres Dias of Northeast Georgia. IMPORTANT: The candidate application will not be processed until the full sponsorship fee is received.
- Mail the application and fee to the Pre-Weekend Couple at:
Charles and Mary Sheppard
3654 Concordia Road
Decatur, GA 30034-5924
Reach out to us using the form below. We will get back to you as soon as we can.