Revised Constitution and By-laws
Tres Dias of Northeast Georgia (TDNEGA) adopted the constitution and by-laws of our sponsoring community, Tres Dias of North Georgia, when TDNEGA was founded. After 9 years and 12 weekends, it is time to revise the by-laws to ensure God's vision for TDNEGA continues in the future.
- Added Tres Dias Statement of Belief
- Added the Purpose and Authority of the Secretariat
- Clarified the qualifications for Secretariat members
- Identified the Officers of the Secretariat
- Renamed the Administrative Assistant as Vice Chairperson and made it an elected position.
- Made the term of office 3 years for all positions
- Limited the Spiritual Director to one additional term by a vote of confidence
- Made Database Manager, Document Control, Newsletter Editor, and Webmaster voting positions and responsible for attending all Secretariat meetings
- Allowed positions previously filled by couples to be filled by up to two individuals except for Pre-Weekend, which must be filled by a married couple
- Divided the Secretary and Treasurer into two positions
- Added Supply and Procurement to the by-laws
- Separated Webmaster and Newsletter Editor into two positions
- Assigned the Database Manager and Document Control Manager to back up each other
- Assigned the Webmaster and Newsletter Editor to back up each other
- Designated Document Control as Parliamentarian
- Updated the duties of all positions
- Established a Finance Committee, chaired by the Vice Chairperson
- Instituted selection of Rectors by following the biblical model of drawing lots (Casting lots is a means of determining God's will. In Leviticus 16:8, God commanded Moses, "And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats..." to identify the goats to be sacrificed to the Lord. In Acts 1, the apostles cast lots to chose Judas' replacement. "And they prayed and said, 'You, Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place.' And they drew lots for them, and the lot fell to Matthias; and he was added to the eleven apostles" (Acts 1:24-26).
- Moved procedural language to the TDNEGA Policies and Practices
- Reorganized the TDNEGA Policies and Practices
- Allowed revision of TDNEGA Policies and Practices at any Secretariat meeting without prior notice
- Added amendment of Constitution and By-laws by 2/3 majority vote after 30-day prior notice to the community
Below are links to view the current by-laws and the proposed amendments.
Send your questions to email@example.com by January 15, 2018, so they can be addressed prior to the secretariat voting on January 21, 2018.